Unlike last year, participants in this year's race get to indicate whether they require baggage handling service prior to race day. Those who require baggage handling services will be given a clear plastic bag with baggage tag when they collect their race pack.
On race day, our volunteers will only accept items packed into the clear plastic bag issued by us for baggage deposit. By standardising the baggage that is accepted for deposit, this will cut down waiting times at the baggage deposit counters on race day.
If you have not indicated that you require the baggage handling service while registering for the race, please do so during the Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC) held at Singapore Expo Hall 3, from 29 Nov to 1 Dec.
Period of Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC), 29 Nov to 1 Dec 2012
- If you have opted for the Baggage Service during registration, a Baggage Service Pack (BSP) will be given to you.
- In the BSP, you will find the following items;
- 1 x Clear Plastic Bag* ( 50cm x 30cm)
- 1 x Plastic Cable Tie
- 1 x Baggage Deposit Tag
- 1 x Instruction Note
*Only the ‘CLEAR PLASTIC BAG’ issued in the BSP will be accepted for deposit.
Eve of Race Day (1 Dec 2012)
- On the eve of the race, decide what essential items you would need after the race that should be deposited. Please note :- No valuables, cash or breakable items should be deposited
- Take time to fill in all the details in the Baggage Deposit Tag. It is important that you DO NOT leave any details blank as this would assist us to hand the correct deposited bag to the rightful owner.
- Place all items to be deposited into the Clear Plastic Bag*, together with the completed Baggage Deposit Tag and secure it with the cable tie
On Race Day (2 Dec 2012)
Runners are advised to bring only essential personal items (e.g. utility belt, EZ Link card, mobile phone) needed for the run. To avoid delays caused by long queues, inform your friends / family members / supporters to bring your other belongings (e.g. change of clothes, shoes) to the Finish Point at the Padang. Please refrain from bringing valuables to the event.
|Category||Venue for Baggage Deposit||Operating Hours for Baggage Deposit||Start Point||Flag off time||Venue for Baggage Collection||Finish Point||Collection Timing|
|Full Marathon & Ekiden (Runner #1)||Angullia Carpark @ Orchard Rd||02:30am – 4:40am||Orchard Road (flanked by The Heeren, 260 Orchard Road & Mandarin Orchard Singapore 333 Orchard Road)||5.00 am||War Memorial Park @ Stamford Road||St. Andrews Road, the Padang||9.00 am – 2.00 pm|
|Ekiden (Runner #2)||War Memorial Park @ Stamford Road||03:00am – 5:00am||The Float @ Marina Bay (Marina Bay Floating Platform), 20 Raffles Avenue 039805||flag off for Ekiden Runner #1 at 5.00 am|
|Ekiden (Runners #3, #4, #5 & #6)||The Promontory @ Marina Bay||03:30am – 6:00am||Assemble at The Promontory @ Marina Bay for shuttle service to start point.||flag off for Ekiden Runner #1 at 5.00 am|
|Half Marathon||Sentosa Gateway @ Sentosa Bridge||03:30am – 6:00am||Sentosa Gateway Avenue||6.30 am|
|10 KM – wheelchair||War Memorial Park @ Stamford Road||05:30am – 6:45am||Esplanade Drive||7.10 am|
|10 KM||05:30am – 6:45am||7.15 am|
|750 M Kids Dash||07:00am – 08:30am||9.15 am -10.00 am|
- On the race day, report directly to the venue baggage deposit zone in your respective start points.
- Approach the volunteer at the deposit counter with your secured Clear Plastic Bag*. After which, the volunteer will assign a Number Tag to your bag. One half of the Number Tag will be secured to your bag and the other half of the Number Tag will be secured onto your runner’s Bib.
- At the end of your race, you may proceed to the War Memorial Park to retrieve your deposited bag. Ensure that you have your Bib with the secured Number Tag to claim your bag.
- Approach the Collection counter according to your race category from 09:00am onwards. All deposited bags must be claimed by 02:00pm.
Optional shuttle service for Ekiden:
- The baggage deposit point at the Promontory @ Marina Bay is not within walking distances to the start points for Ekiden runner 3, 4, 5 and 6. A shuttle service will be provided for Ekiden Runner 3, 4, 5 and 6 at The Promontory @ Marina Bay to transport them to their respective start points. Alternatively, Ekiden runner 3, 4, 5 and 6 can choose to make their own way to their respective start point.
- Ekiden runner 1 & 2 will make their own way to their respective start points. No shuttle service will be provided as the start points are within walking distances from the baggage deposit point.
After the Race Day
Owners of unclaimed bags will be given up to 7 December 2012 to collect it at the Organiser’s office at 230 Stadium Boulevard, Singapore 397799. The collection hours are:
Monday – Friday: 09:30 am – 05:30 pm
Note: Any deposited bags not collected after the grace period will be donated to charity or disposed at the discretion of the Organisers.
- Route map for Full Marathon
- Route map for Ekiden
- Route map for Half Marathon
- Route map for 10 KM
- Route map for 750 M Kids Dash
- Race entry pack collection