Rules and Regulations – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP
Rules and Regulations
- Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (“SCMS”) 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP is supported by Sport Singapore (referred to herein as “SportSG”) and organised by IRONMAN Endurance Asia Pte. Ltd. ( “IRONMAN”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the “R&Rs”) and all the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) applicable to the Participants, which can be found at www.marathonsingapore.com (the “Official Website”).
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update of Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. IRONMAN may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with IRONMAN shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if IRONMAN has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, IRONMAN may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse Participants any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details are permitted once registration is completed. (exceptions may only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person)
- IRONMAN reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as IRONMAN deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, IRONMAN shall be the authority to interpret these provisions and in so doing, IRONMAN will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- SportSG and/or IRONMAN reserve the right to cancel SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. None of SportSG, IRONMAN, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- IRONMAN reserves the right to amend SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP race routes as IRONMAN deems fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. None of SportSG, IRONMAN, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by IRONMAN to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP at his or her own risk. To the fullest extent permissible by law, none of SportSG, IRONMAN, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participant must attach the assigned bib on the front of his/her running attire. Participant not wearing a bib will be taken off the race route by security officers or route marshals.
- Participant is required to start from different start pens based on his/her estimated running pace. Participant is to assemble in his/her respective start pens that are reflected on his/her bib.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- IRONMAN reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP , for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising, and the Participant hereby consents to any and all such use.
- IRONMAN reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- IRONMAN reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
- IRONMAN will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
- A Participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point (5km, 10.5km, 16km, 21km) will be disqualified and, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Age Requirements
- A Participant must be 10 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the 5km race.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the 10.5km race.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the 16km race.
- A Participant must be 16 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the Half Marathon – 21km.
- Any Participant below the age of 18 in Year 2016 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person, failing which IRONMAN reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- Cut-off Time and DNF (Did Not Finish)
- Participants must complete their respective race categories (which they registered for) within the following cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. (‘DNF’)
- Half Marathon (21KM) – 3 hours after last flag off
- 16KM – 3 hours after last flag off
- 10.5 KM – 2 hours after last flag off
- 5.2KM – 2 hours after last flag off
Note: There might be staggered cut-off times at selected sections of the race route. Details of diversion points will be released closer to race day. For participants’ safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, diverted participants must obey as instructed, or they will be pulled off the race course immediately.
- Race timings will not be issued to the diverted Participants (“Did Not Finish” would be indicated in the timing issued). They will not be issued an e-Certificate of Participation and their results will show as ‘DNF’ status.
- Race Categories
The available race categories as follows:
- Half Marathon – 21km
- Race Entry Pack Collection (‘REPC’)
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device (attached to the race bib) and the official running apparel at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorised representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- There will be no collection of race packs out of the stipulated Collection Period. Late collection will not be entertained and IRONMAN shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant’s inability to collect his/her Race Entry Pack, for any reason whatsoever. For avoidance of doubt, IRONMAN is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and IRONMAN shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- Runner’s Entitlement
- All SCMS participants who successfully complete SCMS 2016 – The Official Warm Up race in their chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon presenting their race bib to the respective officials at the Athletes Welfare Area (located at the finishing point)
- All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race category will be awarded an Electronic-certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website from 12pm, 28th September 2016. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within their respective cut-off time, (disqualified or did not complete the race). The e-certificate will only be available until 30 January 2017.
- Strictly no change of running apparel once registration is confirmed. It is the responsibility of the participants to choose their preferred running apparel size according to the size chart provided.
- Terms & Conditions Governing Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP
- Every Standard Chartered Marathon 2016 participant, will enjoy preferential rate on registration feesNote: The Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is eligible for the preferential rate only if he/she is already an existing Participant of the Standard Chartered Marathon 2016 prior to signing up for SCMS 2016 – THE OFFICIAL WARM UP and no other discount will be offered. He/she must register using the same identification card/passport used to register for the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2016, in order to enjoy the preferential rate. No refunds will be made for any reason whatsoever.
- Every Standard Chartered (SCB) card holder, will enjoy preferential rate on registration fees.
- Participants who are eligible for more than one discount will only enjoy single highest discounted rate available upon registration. Offer cannot be combined with other promotional prices or discounts.
- All prices indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- Following registration there will be strictly no refunds available.
- CHANGE OF RUNNING CATEGORY
- There will be strictly no change of category and/or transfer of registrations after successful registration.
For more information or queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By continuing to use IRONMAN’s services, accessing any part of the website marathonsingapore.com, registering for the SCMS, submitting information to IRONMAN (and/ or its related entities) whether for the purpose of registering for the SCMS or otherwise, as well as using any features of the aforementioned website, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this Policy (as amended from time to time) in respect of IRONMAN’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Further, you hereby agree and consent to IRONMAN’s (including its related entities, as well as their respective Agents’), collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, in the manner set forth in this Policy.
- This Policy is meant to supplement any Agreements governing your relationship with IRONMAN (and its related entities), and should be read in conjunction with those Agreements.
- Further, all consent provided pursuant to this Policy is meant to supplement and not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to IRONMAN (and its related entities) in respect of your personal information.
The types of personal information collected by IRONMAN broadly fall within the ambit of the following categories:
This includes the following:
- Information which can be linked back to the Participant. For example, the name, gender, date of birth, Passport No., and NRIC No.;
- The Participant’s contact information. For example, the mailing address, the area of residence, telephone number, and email address;
- The Participant’s payment information. For example, the credit card number, the debit card number, the name of the card holder, the card number, the billing address, and the expiration date of the credit/ debit card;
- The Participant’s health information. For example, whether the participant has any known allergies, or any known medical conditions; and
- The participant’s technical information. For example, the IP address from which the registration form is accessed, completed and submitted.
This includes the following:
- The number of Participants; and
- The number of hits to the website marathonsingapore.com.
For the avoidance of doubt, Statistical data is stored purely for analytical purposes, and is entirely anonymous. Statistical data will not be tied to the Participant record, and will only be aggregated for statistical analysis so that IRONMAN can better understand the Participant’s profile and improve the service offering.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, IRONMAN collects personal information in the following ways:
- When you contact IRONMAN (and/ or any of its related entities);
- When you submit forms or applications to IRONMAN (and/ or any of its related entities) (including but not limited to the Registration Form for the SCMS);
- When you submit queries or requests to IRONMAN;
- When you submit complaints;
- When you provide feedback;
- When you respond to IRONMAN’s request to provide further information;
- When you visit the website marathonsingapore.com;
- When you submit your personal information to IRONMAN, for any other reasons; and
- If and when you provide IRONMAN (and/ or any of its related entities) with any personal information relating to a third party (including but not limited to that of a dependent and/ or spouse), by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to IRONMAN that you have obtained the consent of that third party, to your providing IRONMAN with their personal information, for the respective purposes.
By providing personal information to IRONMAN (and/ or any of its related entities), you confirm that the information is complete, and accurate, to the best of your belief, and knowledge. Failure to abide by the said requirement, may result in IRONMAN’s inability to fulfil your requests and/ or applications.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, IRONMAN collects, uses, and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your registration for the SCMS;
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you;
- To respond to your queries;
- To respond to your requests;
- To manage administrative and business operations of IRONMAN, and to comply with IRONMAN’s internal policies and procedures;
- To match any personal information held by IRONMAN (and/ or any of its related entities) which relates to you, for any of the purposes specified;
- To facilitate maintenance of security during the SCMS;
- For planning, research, data-planning, and data-processing activities;
- For statistical and/ or risk assessment and analysis;
- For fund-raising;
- For analysing the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
- To comply with any applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines (which may be issued by the concerned authorities);
- For record keeping purposes (where there are legal and/ or business reasons for retaining the said records);
- For legal purposes (including but not limited to the obtaining of legal advice; to facilitate dispute resolution; and to investigate suspected unlawful activities including intellectual property infringement); and/or
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Further, IRONMAN may collect, use and disclose your personal information, under the following circumstances:
- If you are a media representative: To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the media centres, during the SCMS; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid;
- If you are participating in a Community Engagement Programme (including but not limited to any donations specified in the Registration Form): To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; and as part of voluntary opt-in via participation by filling in the relevant details in the appropriate section of Registration Form, inclusion of personal information for electronic direct mailers; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- If you are a contractor or service provider, providing products and services (including but not limited to the provision of hospitality, and food & beverage services) in connection with the SCMS: To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the relevant centres, during the SCMS; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Further, to the extent permitted by applicable law, IRONMAN may collect, use and disclose your personal information, for the following:
- For conducting analytics of services;
- For organising promotional events;
- For organizing corporate events;
- For sending you newsletters/ e-newsletters (only when you have subscribed to them);
- For sending you updates about upcoming events, promotions, rewards, including those which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to via telemarketing to such numbers are you may have provided to us, subject to your unambiguous consent) (only when you have opted in to receive such updates);
- For market research purposes (information is collected anonymously);
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- For any other purposes for which IRONMAN may notify you and obtain your express consent.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We have identified the nature of personal information which may be collected, in the preceding paragraphs, as well as the specific purposes for the collection, use and/ or disclosure of the personal information. To the extent feasible and practicable, generally, your personal information held by us shall be kept confidential.
- In order to provide you with effective and quality services, and for the purposes listed in the preceding paragraphs (where applicable), your personal information may be disclosed to the following:
- IRONMAN’s related entities;
- Agents, contractors and/ or third party service providers who provide operational services in relation to the SCMS;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee and/ or transferee (actual or prospective);
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies, to help us inter alia deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our campaigns and promotions;
- External banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- IRONMAN’s professional advisers (including but not limited to its legal advisors, auditors and financial advisors);
- Appropriate government authorities, statutory boards and law enforcement authorities, to comply with the applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Counterparties, billing organisations and their respective banks, in relation to fund transfers and payments; and/or
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information.
To the extent feasible and practicable, IRONMAN shall endeavour to ensure that its employees who are involved in the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information, will adhere to the stipulations contained in this Policy.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT, ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
IRONMAN recognizes the need to maintain accuracy, currency and completeness of personal information collected. If you wish to have access to, review, incorporate amendments, and update your personal information, please follow the instructions specified hereinbelow:
If you wish to:
- Withdraw your consent to any use of your personal information as set out in this Policy;
- Have access to and/ or incorporate amendments/ updates to your personal information; and/ or
- Have any queries or feedback pertaining to your personal information;
IRONMAN can be contacted through any of the following modes:
By air-registered mail / courier:
IRONMAN Endurance Asia PTE. LTD.
221 Henderson Road, #01-02 Henderson Building, Singapore 159557
By email: email@example.com
For the avoidance of doubt, the aforementioned request will be deemed to have been formally made and will be taken on record, only if received in a written form (either by AR Registered Mail and/ or via email).
- IRONMAN will, upon receipt of your aforementioned written request, allow you to view your stored personal information. To the extent permitted by law, IRONMAN reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for the said service.
- IRONMAN will endeavour to respond to your written request within a reasonable timeframe.
- In exceptional circumstances, IRONMAN reserves its right to deny you access to your personal information, and may provide you with an explanation as may be required by applicable law. Some of these circumstances includes:
- Where an investigating authority/ statutory authority/ government body objects to IRONMAN complying with a participant’s said request,
- Where the information may, in the exercise of IRONMAN’s reasonable discretion, have a bearing on the life or security of an individual; and/or
- Where the personal information is collected in connection with an investigation of a breach of contract, and/ or contravention of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal information by IRONMAN, depending upon the nature of request, IRONMAN may not be in a position to continue to provide its services to you, and the said action of withdrawal of consent (whether partial or total) may be deemed to be a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with IRONMAN. Further, under such circumstances, you may be in breach of your contractual obligations. In such an event, all of IRONMAN’s (and its related entities) rights are hereby fully and expressly reserved.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
- IRONMAN’s registered office is located at 221 Henderson Road, #01-02 Henderson Building, Singapore 159557. Be that as it may, personal information may be transmitted to data storage facilities where IRONMAN keeps its central records. Personal information may thus be transferred to other countries, in connection with the conduct of the SCMS and/ or IRONMAN’s performance of its obligations under any existing Agreement with you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- IRONMAN will retain the personal information collected, for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal and/ or business purposes of IRONMAN, and/ or as may be required by applicable law.
- When destroying personal information, IRONMAN will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible and practicable measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible, as may be required by applicable law.
- IRONMAN takes the security and protection of your personal information very seriously. As such, IRONMAN has put in place appropriate reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorised access and undue disclosure. Some of the security arrangements include secure servers, firewalls, and encryption of credit card information.
- Unfortunately, there is always a potential risk in sending information through any channel (more so through the internet) and/ or retaining information on any storage device, and IRONMAN cannot guarantee that communications between you and IRONMAN or information stored on IRONMAN’s resources, including personal information, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IRONMAN (and its related entities) will not be held responsible for:
- for any unauthorized access and/ or illegal or unauthorized use of information, including personal information; and/or
- if your information, including personal information, is accessed through unauthorized and/ or improper use of your account or login information or due to your failure to secure your username, password, or customer ID.
- Further, if you do not take reasonable measures to ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of the personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, IRONMAN will not be liable for any consequential misuse.
- If you have any concerns about security of your personal information disclosed to IRONMAN, you should contact IRONMAN.
- IRONMAN may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that the Policy is in compliance with any future developments, industry trends and/ or any changes in the legal and/ or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on the website marathonsingapore.com. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your personal information.
- In order to enable certain parts of the website marathonsingapore.com to function correctly, we employ cookies. Cookies are small data files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive from your web browser, to recognise your preferences. The cookies do not contain your Personal Data (unless you specifically chose the “Remember Me” feature), but only Statistical Data which is entirely anonymous. Please refer to your browser’s documentation to check if cookies have been enabled on your computer or to request not to receive cookies.
- In order to improve your online experience, IRONMAN may track clickstream data to advance your use of the web pages and to track referrals from other websites. Such data will not be stored as part of your personal information. It will only be collected for statistical analysis.
- The website marathonsingapore.com may contain links to other websites. Your access to the said linked websites is at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law, IRONMAN shall not be held responsible for your access to the said linked websites and the consequences which may flow therefrom. Whilst IRONMAN will protect your personal information collected by it directly, IRONMAN cannot control or be responsible for the policies of other websites that may be linked to it, or the use of any personal information which you may share with them. Please note that this Policy does not cover these other websites, and IRONMAN would recommend that you are apprised of their specific policies.
- TRADE MARKS DISCLAIMER
All trademarks specified in this Policy remain the property of their respective holders, and unless otherwise represented, their display on SCMS-related material are solely for the purpose of illustrating products, events businesses being discussed and in no way should be taken to indicate any relationship, affiliation and/ or sponsorship between the respective holders of trademarks and IRONMAN.
Updated on: 28 July 2016