Rules and Regulations
- The Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (“SCMS”) 2016 is owned by Sport Singapore (referred to herein as the “Owner”) and organised by Spectrum Worldwide Events (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. ( “SWW”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the “R&Rs”) and all the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) applicable to the Participants, which can be found at www.marathonsingapore.com (the “Official Website”).
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update of Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. SWW may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with SWW shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SWW has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SWW may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse Participants any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details are permitted once registration is completed. (exceptions may only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person)
- SWW reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as SWW deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, SWW shall be the authority to interpret these provisions and in so doing, SWW will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Owner and/or SWW reserve the right to cancel the SCMS 2016 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the SCMS 2016 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. None of the Owner, SWW, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- SWW reserves the right to amend the SCMS 2016 race routes as SWW deems fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. None of the Owner, SWW, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by SWW to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in SCMS 2016 at his or her own risk. To the fullest extent permissible by law, none of the Owner, SWW, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in SCMS 2016. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participant must attach the assigned bib on the front of his/her running attire. Participant not wearing a bib will be taken off the race route by security officers or route marshals.
- Participant may be required to start from different start pens based on his/her estimated time of completion. Participant is to assemble in his/her respective start pens that are reflected on his/her bib.
- The race route will be cordoned off from traffic for the duration of the race, up to eight hours from the first flag off. Beyond the eight-hour cut off mark, the roads will be re-opened to live traffic. More details will be available on the Official Website, through e-newsletters and through the Event handbook.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. The only exception to this rule is for the 10km Wheelchair categories, where wheelchairs are allowed. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- SWW reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the SCMS 2016, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising, and the Participant hereby consents to any and all such use.
- SWW reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- SWW reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
- SWW will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- Wheelchair race category
- The wearing of race helmet is compulsory for any Participant taking part in the 10km Wheelchair category.
- Other than sports wheelchairs, no other types of wheelchairs are allowed on the race route.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the SCMS 2016, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
- A Participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point (Marathon, Ekiden, Half Marathon, 10km Men/Women/Wheelchair, and Kids Dash) will be disqualified and, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Age Requirements
- A Participant must be 18 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the Marathon.
- A Participant must be 16 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the Half Marathon – 21.1km.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the 10km race.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the 10KM Wheelchair race.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above in Year 2016 to participate in the Ekiden team race.
- Any Participant below the age of 18 in Year 2016 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person, failing which SWW reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- A Participant for the Masters Men’s Open or the Masters Women’s Open must be 40 years and above in Year 2016.
- Baggage Deposit
- SWW will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage facility. SWW also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purposes.
- Cut-off Time and DNF (Did Not Finish)
- Participants must complete their respective race categories (which they registered for) within the following cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. (‘DNF’)
- Full Marathon/Ekiden (42.195KM) – 8 hours after last flag off
- Half Marathon (21.1KM) – 4 hours after last flag off
- 10KM / 10KM wheelchair – 2 hours after last flag off
Note: There might be staggered cut-off times at selected sections of the race route. Details of diversion points will be released closer to race day. For participants’ safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, diverted participants must obey as instructed, or they will be pulled off the race course immediately.
- Race timings will not be issued to the diverted Participants (“Did Not Finish” would be indicated in the timing issued). They will not be issued an e-Certificate of Participation and their results will show as ‘DNF’ status.
- Finisher’s T-shirts (only applicable for the Marathon and Ekiden Categories) and medals will NOT be issued to the aforesaid Participants (“Did Not Finish”).
- Participants must complete their respective race categories (which they registered for) within the following cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. (‘DNF’)
- Race CategoriesParticipants can choose to participate either as an individual or as part of a team. The race categories for individual and team participation are as follows:
Ekiden – 42.195km (Each team must consist of six Participants)
- Marathon – 42.195km
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Singaporean Men
- Singaporean Women
- Masters Singaporeans Men
- Masters Singaporeans Women
- Half Marathon – 21.1km
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- 10km Wheelchair
- Wheelchair Open
- Kids Dash – 800m
- Marathon – 42.195km
- EkidenThe rules for Ekiden race category – 42.195km (split among six participants):
- Assemble:All six Participants in each Ekiden team must assemble at the designated reporting locations at the stipulated time. The 1st Participant of each team will report at the Marathon start point, while the remaining 2nd-6th Participants of each team will report at their respective changeover point. Please take note that any team with latecomers will be disqualified on the spot. More details will be available on the Official website and Event handbook closer to event date.
- Race:The 1st Participant of the team will start at the same time as the Participants for the Marathon. At the 1st changeover point, the 2nd Participant of the same team will receive the relay token from the 1st Participant; this relay will continue until the last (6th) Participant of the team finishes the race. Each of these six stages of the relay will not be of equal distances but will total 42.195km. More details will be given in regards to the relay token nearer to event date.
- Winner:The first team whose 6th Participant crosses the finish line with the relay token, will be declared the winner, unless technical disputes arise.
- Kids DashThe Rules for Kids Dash category:
- The Kids Dash is non-competitive, therefore, no timing device will be issued and no official timing will be recorded or provided.
- There will be four (4) different start times for the Kids Dash by reference to age before the race day:
- 3 years old and below *
- Between 4 – 6 years old*
- Between 7 – 9 years old*
- Between 10 – 13 years old*
*Age in Year 2016
- Participants must be 13 years and below in Year 2016 to participate in the Kids Dash. Parents or guardians of the Participants of the Kids Dash must complete the indemnity and declaration form in the online registration form, failing which SWW reserves the right to refuse entry to any Participant.
- For Participants aged 6 years old and below, it is compulsory for one (1) parent or guardian with an identification tag (issued by SWW) to accompany the child during the race for safety purposes, failing which SWW reserves the rights to refuse entry to the Participant. No more than one (1) parent or guardian, is allowed to enter the race pen with the Participant.
- All Kids Dash Participants will be issued one (1) identification tag each, to their respective parent/guardian.
- Prize Money
- Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award. A winning Participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he or she is entitled to, which might offer a higher prize-money. Notwithstanding the Participant’s election, his or her finishing position in each of the relevant prize categories will not change.
- SWW reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- Collection of Prize Money will only be processed, after the submission of Winner’s Information for Prize Money Form and a copy of Participant’s Passport or Photo ID. In the event, form submission is incomplete, participant would have to re-submit, and SWW reserves the right to refuse incomplete forms.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from submission of Winner’s Information for Prize Money Form will be forfeited and SWW will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by SWW. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by SWW.
- The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- The individual prizes for the Marathon – 42.195km are:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Singaporean Men*
- Singaporean Women*
- Masters Singaporeans Men*
- Masters Singaporeans Women*
*Only Participants who are Singapore Nationals, are eligible to compete for Singaporean categories. Participants who are Permanent Residents of Singapore are eligible to compete for the Men’s Open/Women’s Open.
- The individual prizes for Half Marathon – 21.1km are:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- The individual prizes for 10km are:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- 10km Wheelchair
- Wheelchair Open
- Prizes will not be awarded for the Kids Dash as it is a non-competitive race.
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, appeals of disputes must be made on-site in person, in a written format with an appeal fee of SGD50, within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- For all other Participants, appeals over disputes regarding the results must be submitted in a written format with an appeal fee of SGD50, including electronic mail within 7 days of race day. SWW reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 11 December 2016. Please send your appeal letter to: SCMS Organising Committee c/o Spectrum Worldwide Events (Singapore) Pte Ltd, 221 Henderson Road, Henderson Building #01-02 Singapore 159557, and cheque payable to: Spectrum Worldwide Events (Singapore) Pte Ltd and email to [email protected].
- Race Entry Pack Collection (‘REPC’)
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device (attached to the race bib), and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorised representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- There will be no collection of race packs out of the stipulated Collection Period. Late collection will not be entertained and SWW shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant’s inability to collect his/her Race Entry Pack, for any reason whatsoever. For avoidance of doubt, SWW is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and SWW shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- Ekiden teams are required to send one representative from the team OR authorize a representative to collect on behalf of the team. Individual collection of race packs is NOT allowed and it is the responsibility of the representative to distribute the race packs to the running team members.
- Runner’s Entitlement
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon presenting their race bib to the respective officials at the Athletes Welfare Area (located at the finishing point)
- A Marathon / Ekiden Participant will only be able to collect his or her Finisher’s T-shirt upon successful completion of the run on race day. The Finisher’s T-shirt size is subject to availability and issued on a first-come-first-served basis to a Marathon / Ekiden Participant. In the event that the preferred size is no longer available, the next best size will be given and no exchange is available during or after the event. Running apparel sizes chosen during registration is not indicative of size availability of the Finisher’s T-shirt on-site on event day.
- All Finisher’s Medals and T-shirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website from 12pm, 6 December 2016 this entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the eight (8) hour cut-off mark, are disqualified or did not complete the race. The e-certificate will only be available until 30 November 2017.
- Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2016 (SCMS16) Distance Challenge
- Corporate SCMS16 Distance Challenge: The Corporate SCMS16 Distance Challenge is open to all business entities registered under the Companies Act and Business Registration Act (hereafter referred to as “Company” or collectively as “Companies”). Participants must be employees of the same Company. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The Company with the longest combined aggregate distance completed by their staffs who successfully complete their individual race, wins the award (Only official Finishers). All decisions by SWW shall be final.
- Sponsors and partners of the SCMS 2016 are eligible for the award, including the plaque, if they win the challenge.
- Non-Corporate SCMS16 Distance Challenge: The Non-Corporate SCMS16 Distance Challenge is open to all non-Corporate organisations, embassies or high commissions, statutory boards, educational institutions, clubs and societies (hereafter referred to as “Organisation” or collectively as “Organisations”). For large Organisations such as a ministry or conglomerate, Participants must be directly employed by the same unit, branch or chapter of the Organisation. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The non-Corporate organisation, or registered unit, branch or chapter of the same Organisation with the longest combined aggregate distance by its staff and members wins the award. All decisions by SWW shall be final.
- In order to qualify for the Corporate or Non-Corporate Organisation SCMS16 Distance Challenge, the Companies and Organisations have to sign up for the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Corporate Club. Participants from the respective Companies or Organisations that have registered individually will not have their clocked distances factored into the SCMS16 Distance Challenge for their Companies or Organisations.
- Participants can only register and compete for one Company or Organisation under the Corporate or Non-Corporate SCMS16 Distance Challenge.
- The Companies and Organisations must provide a Company coordinator to play the role of a liaison officer with SWW. The Company coordinator is responsible for recruiting Participants, finalising his or her Company’s or Organisation’s race entries, obtaining and distributing race day materials to their Participants. The Company coordinator will be given an administrative user ID and password for his or her Company or Organisation to access the registration system to monitor the participants sign up rate for the Company or Organisation.
- The registration details for Participants under the Bulk/Corporate scheme have to be submitted by the participating runner.
- No transfer of registration is allowed once the Company’s or Organisation’s entries have been submitted.
- Participants who register for the Corporate or Non-Corporate SCMS16 Distance Challenge under the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Corporate Club are not entitled to any other discounts (e.g., Standard Chartered Bank Cardholder discount) beyond the agreed corporate registration fees.
- SWW will, upon request, provide the timings of those Participants registered under the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Corporate Club to the Company Coordinator. SWW reserves the right not to disclose any information on individuals that are not registered under the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Corporate Club.
- SWW reserves the right not to disclose results of other Bulk/Corporate Distance Challenge result to another Bulk/Corporate group.
- Participants who register under their Company’s or Organisation’s Corporate Registration Package or The Corporate Club are eligible to win prizes within the race categories which they opted for.
- For every registration, SGD2 goes to support the SportCares Movement. SportCares works to improve the lives of underprivileged children, youth-at-risk, needy seniors, people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities and the disadvantaged in our community. For more information, please visit http://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg/about-us/sportcares.
- Terms & Conditions Governing Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2016
- Every Standard Chartered (SCB) card holder, will enjoy exclusive priority online registration from 24-25 June 2016 (guaranteed 15% discount off Super Early Bird price).
- Every Standard Chartered (SCB) card holder, will enjoy (guaranteed 15% discount off current offered price) online registration. Every Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2015 participant, will enjoy privileged (10% discount off current offered price) online registration. Participants who are eligible for more than one discount will only enjoy single highest discounted rate available upon registration. Offer cannot be combined with other promotional prices or discounts.
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees that, in the event the Participant may be eligible for the Standard Chartered (SCB) cardholder discount, Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (“the Bank”) may share the Participant’s payment information (including, but not limited to, the credit/ debit card number, the name of the card holder, the card number, the billing address, and the expiration date of the credit/ debit card) with SWW and/or such third party(ies) as the Bank in its absolute discretion deems necessary or desirable, for the purpose of determining the Participant’s eligibility for the Standard Chartered (SCB) cardholder discount.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to register using the same identification card/passport as he/she did for Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2015, in order to enjoy the 10% loyalty discount. There will be strictly no refunds after payment is made, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants residing in Singapore with a valid Singapore Citizenship, Singapore Permanent Residence, Legal Pass, Permit Holder will be entitled to the “Residents” Pricing (at time of purchase) when they sign up online. All others not in the categories mentioned herewith would fall under the “Others” pricing (at time of purchase) when they sign up online.
- Person who registers for the Ekiden Category, is by default the Team Leader of his/her Ekiden Team and will make payment on behalf of the entire team. His/her team members are then required to complete their participant details via an email link, sent to the email addresses as indicated by the Ekiden Team Leader during registration. Team members are NOT required to make additional payment for registration fees when submitting their participant details. SWW reserves the right, to refuse race pack collection to teams whose members did not submit their full participant details.
- All prices indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- Following registration there will be strictly no refunds available.
- ActiveSG top up for members
- Only senior citizens and PR aged 55, who are ActiveSG members are entitled to the top up.
- They should be 55 years old as of 4 December 2016.
- The ActiveSG membership must be verified by 31 October 2016.
- ActiveSG dollars will be credited into eligible runners account one month after the event.
- ActiveSG dollars earned would be a flat $15 despite the category that is signed for or other discounts availed.
- Complimentary entries will not be eligible for the ActiveSG dollar top-up.
- Rule for Bulk/Corporate RegistrationAll Bulk/Corporate Registration include a dedicated PIC (person-in-charge) login account with administrative controls to make amendments to individual entries within the account.
- Instant qualification to take part in the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2016 (SCMS2016) Distance Challenge
- Minimum purchase of 30 slots is required for Bulk/Corporate Registration.
- Priority Bulk Collection and Delivery Services are only available for Bulk/Corporate of 50 slots and above and is not subject to any promotional discounts.
- Bulk/Corporates who did not purchase Priority Bulk Collection and Delivery Services will collect the race packs at the REPC under individual pack collection.
- All prices indicated are in Singapore Dollar (SGD).
- Priority Bulk Collection Services
- Pricing: 5% of Total registration fee
- Priority Bulk Collection of Race Entry Packs at REPC
- Only codes redeemed (registration completed by participants) on or before 30 October 2016, 23:59hrs would be packed for this paid service.
- All balance paid codes not redeemed after 30 October 2016, 23:59hrs would have to be collected from REPC under individual collection.
- Delivery Services
- Pricing: 10% of Total registration fee
- Delivery of Race Entry Packs to one address only
- Only codes redeemed (registration completed by participants) on or before 25 September 2016, 23:59hrs would be packed for this paid service.
- All balance paid codes not redeemed after 25 September 2016, 23:59hrs would have to be collected from REPC under individual collection.
- Following registration there will be strictly no refund.
- CHANGE OF RUNNING CATEGORY
- Individual Participants ONLY
- Upgrade of running category
Participants are able to change their running category on their participant success page up till 30 October 2016, 23:59hrs. No change of running category is allowed after 30 October 2016, 23:59hrs. A fee will be charged, comprising of the differencebetween the current prevailing rate of the preferred running category, and the price paid for the original registration, and an additional SGD10 admin charge.
- Downgrade of running categoryParticipants are able to change their running category on their participant success page up till 30 October 2016, 23:59hrs. No change of running category is allowed after 30 October 2016, 23:59hrs. An admin fee of SGD10 will be charged, and the difference in pricing between the original registration and preferred running category will NOT be refunded. Slots for the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10KM running categories are subject to current availability.
- Upgrade of running category
- Bulk/Corporate Participants ONLY
- Please email us at [email protected] for more information or queries.
- Slots for the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10KM running categories are subject to current availability.
- Change of running category is NOT applicable to runners participating in: Ekiden / Kids Dash / 10km Wheelchair
- Participants who change their running category after 25 September 2016, 23:59hrs will not receive personalized bibs.
For more information or queries, please email us at [email protected]
- Individual Participants ONLY
- By continuing to use SWW’s services, accessing any part of the website marathonsingapore.com, registering for the SCMS, submitting information to SWW (and/ or its related entities) whether for the purpose of registering for the SCMS or otherwise, as well as using any features of the aforementioned website, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this Policy (as amended from time to time) in respect of SWW’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Further, you hereby agree and consent to SWW’s (including its related entities, as well as their respective Agents’), collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, in the manner set forth in this Policy.
- This Policy is meant to supplement any Agreements governing your relationship with SWW (and its related entities), and should be read in conjunction with those Agreements.
- Further, all consent provided pursuant to this Policy is meant to supplement and not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to SWW (and its related entities) in respect of your personal information.
The types of personal information collected by SWW broadly fall within the ambit of the following categories:
- This includes the following:
- Information which can be linked back to the Participant. For example, the name, gender, date of birth, Passport No., and NRIC No.;
- The Participant’s contact information. For example, the mailing address, the area of residence, telephone number, and email address;
- The Participant’s payment information. For example, the credit card number, the debit card number, the name of the card holder, the card number, the billing address, and the expiration date of the credit/ debit card;
- The Participant’s health information. For example, whether the participant has any known allergies, or any known medical conditions;and
- The participant’s technical information. For example, the IP address from which the registration form is accessed, completed and submitted.
This includes the following:
- The number of Participants;and
- The number of hits to the website marathonsingapore.com.
For the avoidance of doubt, Statistical data is stored purely for analytical purposes, and is entirely anonymous. Statistical data will not be tied to the Participant record, and will only be aggregated for statistical analysis so that SWW can better understand the Participant’s profile and improve the service offering.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, SWW collects personal information in the following ways:
- When you contact SWW (and/ or any of its related entities);
- When you submit forms or applications to SWW (and/ or any of its related entities) (including but not limited to the Registration Form for the SCMS);
- When you submit queries or requests to SWW;
- When you submit complaints;
- When you provide feedback;
- When you respond to SWW’s request to provide further information;
- When you visit the website marathonsingapore.com;
- When you submit your personal information to SWW, for any other reasons;and
- If and when you provide SWW (and/ or any of its related entities) with any personal information relating to a third party (including but not limited to that of a dependent and/ or spouse), by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to SWW that you have obtained the consent of that third party, to your providing SWW with their personal information, for the respective purposes.
By providing personal information to SWW (and/ or any of its related entities), you confirm that the information is complete, and accurate, to the best of your belief, and knowledge. Failure to abide by the said requirement, may result in SWW’s inability to fulfil your requests and/ or applications.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, SWW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your registration for the SCMS;
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you;
- To respond to your queries;
- To respond to your requests;
- To manage administrative and business operations of SWW, and to comply with SWW’s internal policies and procedures;
- To match any personal information held by SWW (and/ or any of its related entities) which relates to you, for any of the purposes specified;
- To facilitate maintenance of security during the SCMS;
- For planning, research, data-planning, and data-processing activities;
- For statistical and/ or risk assessment and analysis;
- For fund-raising;
- For analysing the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
- To comply with any applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines (which may be issued by the concerned authorities);
- For record keeping purposes (where there are legal and/ or business reasons for retaining the said records);
- For legal purposes (including but not limited to the obtaining of legal advice; to facilitate dispute resolution; and to investigate suspected unlawful activities including intellectual property infringement); and/or
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Further, SWW may collect, use and disclose your personal information, under the following circumstances:
- If you are a media representative: To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the media centres, during the SCMS; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid;
- If you are participating in a Community Engagement Programme (including but not limited to any donations specified in the Registration Form): To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; and as part of voluntary opt-in via participation by filling in the relevant details in the appropriate section of Registration Form, inclusion of personal information for electronic direct mailers; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- If you are a contractor or service provider, providing products and services (including but not limited to the provision of hospitality, and food & beverage services) in connection with the SCMS: To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the relevant centres, during the SCMS; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Further, to the extent permitted by applicable law, SWW may collect, use and disclose your personal information, for the following:
- For conducting analytics of services;
- For organising promotional events;
- For organizing corporate events;
- For sending you newsletters/ e-newsletters (only when you have subscribed to them);
- For sending you updates about upcoming events, promotions, rewards, including those which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to via telemarketing to such numbers are you may have provided to us, subject to your unambiguous consent) (only when you have opted in to receive such updates);
- For market research purposes (information is collected anonymously);
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- For any other purposes for which SWW may notify you and obtain your express consent.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We have identified the nature of personal information which may be collected, in the preceding paragraphs, as well as the specific purposes for the collection, use and/ or disclosure of the personal information. To the extent feasible and practicable, generally, your personal information held by us shall be kept confidential.
- In order to provide you with effective and quality services, and for the purposes listed in the preceding paragraphs (where applicable), your personal information may be disclosed to the following:
- SWW’s related entities;
- Agents, contractors and/ or third party service providers who provide operational services in relation to the SCMS;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee and/ or transferee (actual or prospective);
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies, to help us inter alia deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our campaigns and promotions;
- External banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- SWW’s professional advisers (including but not limited to its legal advisors, auditors and financial advisors);
- Appropriate government authorities, statutory boards and law enforcement authorities, to comply with the applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Counterparties, billing organisations and their respective banks, in relation to fund transfers and payments; and/or
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information.
To the extent feasible and practicable, SWW shall endeavour to ensure that its employees who are involved in the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information, will adhere to the stipulations contained in this Policy.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT, ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SWW recognizes the need to maintain accuracy, currency and completeness of personal information collected. If you wish to have access to, review, incorporate amendments, and update your personal information, please follow the instructions specified hereinbelow:
If you wish to:
- Withdraw your consent to any use of your personal information as set out in this Policy;
- Have access to and/ or incorporate amendments/ updates to your personal information; and/ or
- Have any queries or feedback pertaining to your personal information;
SWW can be contacted through any of the following modes:
By air-registered mail / courier:
SPECTRUM WORLDWIDE EVENTS (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
221 Henderson Road, #01-02 Henderson Building, Singapore 159557
(UEN No. 200312491D)
By email: [email protected]
By telephone: +65 6799 5909
For the avoidance of doubt, the aforementioned request will be deemed to have been formally made and will be taken on record, only if received in a written form (either by AR Registered Mail and/ or via email).
- SWW will, upon receipt of your aforementioned written request, allow you to view your stored personal information. To the extent permitted by law, SWW reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for the said service.
- SWW will endeavor to respond to your written request within a reasonable timeframe.
- In exceptional circumstances, SWW reserves its right to deny you access to your personal information, and may provide you with an explanation as may be required by applicable law. Some of these circumstances includes:
- Where an investigating authority/ statutory authority/ government body objects to SWW complying with a participant’s said request,
- Where the information may, in the exercise of SWW’s reasonable discretion, have a bearing on the life or security of an individual; and/or
- Where the personal information is collected in connection with an investigation of a breach of contract, and/ or contravention of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal information by SWW, depending upon the nature of request, SWW may not be in a position to continue to provide its services to you, and the said action of withdrawal of consent (whether partial or total) may be deemed to be a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with SWW. Further, under such circumstances, you may be in breach of your contractual obligations. In such an event, all of SWW’s (and its related entities) rights are hereby fully and expressly reserved.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
- SWW’s registered office is located at 221 Henderson Road, #01-02 Henderson Building, Singapore 159557. Be that as it may, personal information may be transmitted to data storage facilities where SWW keeps its central records. Personal information may thus be transferred to other countries, in connection with the conduct of the SCMS and/ or SWW’s performance of its obligations under any existing Agreement with you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SWW will retain the personal information collected, for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal and/ or business purposes of SWW, and/ or as may be required by applicable law.
- When destroying personal information, SWW will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible and practicable measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible, as may be required by applicable law.
- SWW takes the security and protection of your personal information very seriously. As such, SWW has put in place appropriate reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorised access and undue disclosure. Some of the security arrangements include secure servers, firewalls, and encryption of credit card information.
- Unfortunately, there is always a potential risk in sending information through any channel (moreso through the internet) and/ or retaining information on any storage device, and SWW cannot guarantee that communications between you and SWW or information stored on SWW’s resources, including personal information, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, SWW (and its related entities) will not be held responsible for:
- for any unauthorized access and/ or illegal or unauthorized use of information, including personal information; and/or
- if your information, including personal information, is accessed through unauthorized and/ or improper use of your account or login information or due to your failure to secure your username, password, or customer ID.
- Further, if you do not take reasonable measures to ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of the personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, SWW will not be liable for any consequential misuse.
- If you have any concerns about security of your personal information disclosed to SWW, you should contact SWW.
- SWW may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that the Policy is in compliance with any future developments, industry trends and/ or any changes in the legal and/ or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on the websitemarathonsingapore.com. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your personal information.
- In order to enable certain parts of the website marathonsingapore.com to function correctly, we employ cookies. Cookies are small data files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive from your web browser, to recognise your preferences. The cookies do not contain your Personal Data (unless you specifically chose the “Remember Me” feature), but only Statistical Data which is entirely anonymous. Please refer to your browser’s documentation to check if cookies have been enabled on your computer or to request not to receive cookies.
- In order to improve your online experience, SWW may track clickstream data to advance your use of the web pages and to track referrals from other websites. Such data will not be stored as part of your personal information. It will only be collected for statistical analysis.
- The website marathonsingapore.com may contain links to other websites. Your access to the said linked websites is at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law, SWW shall not be held responsible for your access to the said linked websites and the consequences which may flow therefrom. Whilst SWW will protect your personal information collected by it directly, SWW cannot control or be responsible for the policies of other websites that may be linked to it, or the use of any personal information which you may share with them. Please note that this Policy does not cover these other websites, and SWW would recommend that you are apprised of their specific policies.
- TRADE MARKS DISCLAIMERAll trademarks specified in this Policy remain the property of their respective holders, and unless otherwise represented, their display on SCMS-related material are solely for the purpose of illustrating products, events businesses being discussed and in no way should be taken to indicate any relationship, affiliation and/ or sponsorship between the respective holders of trademarks and SWW.Last updated on 2nd June 2016