Rules and Regulations
- The Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (“SCMS”) 2014 is owned by Sport Singapore (referred to herein as the “Owner”) and organised by Spectrum Worldwide Events (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. ( “SWW”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the “R&Rs”) and all the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) applicable to the Participants, which can be found at www.marathonsingapore.com (the “Official Website”).
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the ” Personal Information”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. SWW may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with SWW shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SWW has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SWW may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- SWW reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, SWW shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, SWW will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Owner and/or SWW reserve the right to cancel the SCMS 2014 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the SCMS 2014 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Owner, SWW, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The SWW reserves the right to amend the SCMS 2014 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. The Owner, SWW, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by SWW to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in SCMS 2014 at his or her own risk. The Owner, SWW, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in SCMS 2014. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participants must attach the assigned bib on the front of their running attire. Participants not wearing a bib will be taken off the race route by security officers or route marshals.
- Participants may be required to start from different start pens based on their estimated time of completion. Participants are to assemble in their respective start pens that are reflected on their bib.
- The race route will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race, up to eight hours from the first flag off. Beyond the eight-hour cut off mark, the roads will be re-opened to live traffic. More details will be available on the Official Website, through e-newsletters and through the Event handbook.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. The only exception to this rule involves the Kids Dash and the 10km Wheelchair categories, where prams and wheelchairs, respectively, are allowed. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- SWW reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the SCMS 2014, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- SWW reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- SWW reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
- SWW will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
Wheelchair race category
- The wearing of race helmet is compulsory for any Participant taking part in the 10km Wheelchair category.
- Other than sports wheelchairs, no other types of wheelchairs are allowed on the race route.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the SCMS 2014, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participants is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party or change race categories after his or her registration is confirmed.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
- A Participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point (Marathon, Ekiden, Half Marathon, 10km Men/Women/Wheelchair, and Kids Dash) will be disqualified and, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- A Participant must be 18 years and above on the race day to participate in the Marathon.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above on the race day to participate in the Ekiden team race.
- A Participant must be 17 years and above on the race day to participate in the Half Marathon –
- A Participant must be 14 years and above on the race day to participate in the 10km race.
- Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person, failing which SWW reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- A Participants for the Masters Men’s Open or the Masters Women’s Open must be 40 years and above as of 7 December 2014 .
- SWW will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage facility. SWW also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purpose.
- For Participants who are unlikely to finish the race within eight hours from the first flag off, race officials will divert the aforesaid Participants, at designated diversion points along the race route, to a shorter race route towards the finish gantry. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, Participants must obey as instructed, or else they will be pulled off the race course immediately. Finisher’s T-shirts (only applicable for the Marathon and Ekiden categories), medals and official race timings will still be issued to the aforesaid Participants. However they will NOT be issued their e-Certificate of Participation as they will be deemed disqualified.
- . Participants can choose to participate either as an individual or as part of a team. The race categories for individual and team participation are as follows:
- - Marathon – 42.195km
i. Masters Men’s Open
ii. Masters Women’s Open
iii. Men’s Open
iv. Women’s Open
v. Singapore Men
vi. Singapore Women
- - Half Marathon – 21.1km
i. Men’s Open
ii. Women’s Open
- - 10km
i. Men’s Open
ii. Women’s Open
- - Kids Dash – 750m
- - Ekiden – 42.195km
(Each team must consist of six Participants)
- The Kids Dash is non-competitive, therefore, no timing device will be issued and no official timing will be recorded or provided.
- Kids Dash
- There will be four (4) different start times for the Kids Dash by reference to age before the race day:
- 3 years old and below*
- Between 4 – 6 years old*
- Between 7 – 9 years old*
- Between 10 – 13 years old*
*Age as on/before the race day
- Participants must be 13 years and below on the race day to participate in the Kids Dash. Parents/Guardians of the Participants of the Kids Dash must complete the indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person, failing which SWW reserves the right to refuse entry to any Participant.
- For Participants aged 6 years old and below, it is compulsory for a parent or guardian to accompany the child during the race for safety purposes, failing which SWW reserves the right to refuse entry to the Participant.
- For Participants aged 6 years old and below, only one parent/guardian, issued with an identification tag, will be allowed to accompany the child.
- Prams are allowed for Participants of the Kids Dash who are 6 years and under.
- There will be four (4) different start times for the Kids Dash by reference to age before the race day:
- Ekiden – 42.195km Category
The rules for the Ekiden – 42.195km category:
All six Participants in each Ekiden team must assemble at the designated reporting locations at the stipulated time. The 1st Participant of each team will report at the Marathon start point, while the remaining 2nd-6th Participants of each team will be shuttled to their respective changeover points where applicable. Please take note that any team with latecomers will be disqualified on the spot.
The 1st Participant of the team will start at the same time as the Participants for the Marathon. At the 1st changeover point, the 2nd Participant of the same team will receive a sash from the 1st Participant; this relay will continue until the last (6th) Participant of the team finishes the race. Each of these six stages of the relay will not be of equal distances but will total 42.195km.
- Welfare / Pickup:
Participants of each team who have completed their respective stage will be able to rest at the refreshment tents located at the changeover points. Shuttle buses will be made available to transport Ekiden Participants back to the Finish Point.
The first team whose 6th Participant crosses the finish line with the relay sash, will be declared the winner, unless technical disputes arise.
- Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award. A winning Participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he or she is entitled to, which might offer a higher prize-money. Notwithstanding the Participant’s election, his or her finishing positions in each of the relevant prize categories will not change.
- SWW reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from 7 December 2014 will be forfeited and SWW will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by SWW. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by SWW.
- The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- The individual categories for the Marathon – 42.195km are:
- Masters Men’s Open
- Masters Women’s Open
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Singapore Men
- Singapore Women
[Only Participants with Singapore citizenship qualify for categories (V) and (VI)]
- The individual prizes for Half Marathon – 21.1km are:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- The individual prizes for 10km are:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Prizes will not be awarded for the Kids Dash as it is a non-competitive race.
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, appeals of disputes must be made on-site in person, in a written format with an appeal fee of SGD50, within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- For all other Participants, appeals over disputes regarding the results must be submitted in a written format with an appeal fee of SGD50, including electronic mail within 7 days of race day. SWW reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 14 December 2014. Please send your appeal letter to: SCMS Organising Committee c/o Spectrum Worldwide Events (Singapore) Pte Ltd, 221 Henderson Road, Henderson Building #01-02 Singapore 159557, and cheque payable to: Spectrum Worldwide Events (Singapore) Pte Ltd and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device, Event T-shirt, and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorised representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and SWW shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. For avoidance of doubt, SWW is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her their Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and SWW shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of his or her race bib to the respective officials.
- A Marathon / Ekiden Participant will only be able to collect his or her Finisher’s T-shirt upon successful completion of the run on race day. The Finisher’s T-shirt sizes are subject to availability and Finisher’s T-shirts in the next best size will be issued to a Marathon / Ekiden Participant in the event that the previously chosen size is no longer available.
- All Finisher’s Medals and T-shirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website from 8 December 2014 12 pm. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the eight (8) hour cut-off mark, are disqualified or did not complete the race. The e-certificate will only be available until 30 November 2015.
The Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014 (SCMS14) Distance Challenges
- Corporate SCMS14 Distance Challenge: The Corporate SCMS14 Distance Challenge is open to all business entities registered under the Companies Act and Business Registration Act (hereafter referred to as “Company” or collectively as “Companies”). Participants must be employees of the same Company. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The Company with the longest combined aggregate distance completed by their staffs who successfully complete their individual race wins the award. All decisions by SWW shall be final.
- Non-Corporate SCMS14 Distance Challenge: The Non-Corporate SCMS14 Distance Challenge is open to all non-Corporate organisations, embassies or high commissions, statutory boards, educational institutions, clubs and societies (hereafter referred to as “Organisation” or collectively as “Organisations”). For large Organisations such as a ministry or conglomerate, Participants must be directly employed by the same unit, branch or chapter of the Organisation. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The non-Corporate organisation, or registered unit, branch or chapter of the same Organisation with the longest combined aggregate distance by its staff and members wins the award. All decisions by SWW shall be final.
- In order to qualify for the Corporate or Non-Corporate Distance Challenge, the Companies and Organisations have to sign up for the Corporate Registration Package or the The Patron’s Club. Participants from the respective Companies or Organisations that have registered individually will not have their clocked distances factored into the SCMS14 Distance Challenge for their Companies or Organisations.
- Participants can only register and compete for one Company or Organisation under the Corporate or Non-Corporate SCMS14 Distance Challenge.
- The Companies and Organisations must provide a Company coordinator to play the role of a liaison officer with SWW. The Company coordinator is responsible for recruiting Participants, finalising his or her Company’s or Organisation’s race entries, obtaining and distributing race day materials to their Participants. The Company coordinator will be given an administrative user ID and password for his or her Company or Organisation to access the registration system to key in the Participants’ finalised entries.
- No substitutions of Participants will be allowed once the Companies’ or Organisations’ entries have been submitted.
- Participants who register for the Corporate or Non-Corporate SCMS14 Distance Challenge under the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Patron’s Club are not entitled to any other discounts (e.g., Standard Chartered (SCB) cardholder discount) beyond the agreed corporate registration fees
- SWW will, upon request, provide the timings of those Participants registered under the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Patron’s Club to the Company Coordinator. SWW reserves the right not to disclose any information on individuals that are not registered under the Bulk/Corporate Package or The Patron’s Club.
- Participants who register under their Company’s or Organisation’s Corporate Registration Package or The Patron’s Club are eligible to win prizes within the race categories which they opted for
- For every registration, SGD2 goes to support the SportCares Movement. SportCares works to improve the lives of underprivileged children, youth-at-risk, needy seniors, people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities and the disadvantaged in our community. For more information, please visit http://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg/about-us/sportcares.
Terms & Conditions Governing Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014
- Every Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2013 participant, as well as every Standard Chartered (SCB) card holder, will enjoy exclusive privilege online registration from 7-9 July 2014, and privileged registration from 9-15 July 2014.
- Participants holding a Singapore-issued Standard Chartered (SCB) card will be entitled to 15% off the full rate registration fees (at time of purchase) when they sign up online.
- Participants who are eligible for more than one discount will only enjoy single highest discounted rate available upon registration. Offer cannot be combined with other promotional prices or discounts.
- Any Participant who registers for the Ekiden Category is requested to create a fundraising page on www.giveasia.org and make a minimum donation of SGD500 to their choice of the event’s charities.
- The minimum donation must be achieved by 27 October 2014.
- The registration confirmation is only based on full payment of registration fees and the achievement of minimum donation.
- Ekiden team who is not able to achieve the minimum donation by the dateline will not be confirmed
- All prices indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- Following registration there will be strictly no change to selected race category and no refunds are available.
Last updated on 2 July 2014