The terms ‘Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owner of the website and our successors and assigns. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• Some portions of the website may require that you provide your personal information. Personal information refers to all and any information relating to you (including, but not limited to your name, contact number, email address and mailing address) obtained by us via your registration on, access to, or use of this website.
• We may use your personal information for planning, research, design and marketing of services, rendering assistance to law enforcement, government or regulatory agencies, or complying with any applicable laws or any order of court.
• Any information disclosed in the public areas of the website becomes freely accessible by members of the public and the world at large on the world wide web.
2. User’s Responsibilities and Conduct
• The contents of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the contents of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012’s prior written consent and approval.
• By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) or service(s) and / or participate in any program(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any activities involving the Singapore Sports Council (“SSC”), you are deemed to have given written permission for SSC to collect, analyze, collate, share, disclose to third parties, and / or otherwise use without any liability to you any personal information relating to that you as SSC may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for the following purposes:
o For its programs, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk analysis, research, fund-raising or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions or powers of SSC as provided for in the Singapore Sports Council Act (Chapter 305);
o For development or implementation of programs, products or services provided by SSC and / or in collaboration with any third parties;
o For outsourcing of any program(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any activities to third parties;
o To any third parties for promotional, marketing and / or administrative purposes;
o For all purposes as required by law, including without limitation court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions or where so ordered by any competent authority;
o In connection with any, or any proposed, novation, assignment, transfer, sale, lease, licence, partnership, joint-venture or any collaboration where and when required in relation thereto.
• You agree to use the website in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
4. Intellectual Property
• This website contains material and contents which are owned by or licensed to us. The material and contents include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, images and sounds. The contents of the website cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording without the prior written permission of Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012. You agree that the material and content contained within or provided by the website is for your own personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
5. System Operations
• Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 reserves the right to shut down the service for maintenance as and when required. Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 shall notify the user of the system unavailability by posting a message broadcast on the website. Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 shall not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the unavailability of the system due to system maintenance or for any other reason whatsoever.
• While every care is taken by Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 we disclaim all liability whatsoever, for:
o Any loss of or any inability to retrieve any data or information however caused and including non-deliveries, misuses, misdeliveries as a result of any interruption, suspension or termination of service;
o Any inaccuracy in the information or resources available, received or transmitted through marathonsingapore.com;
o Any malfunction, defect or error in www.marathonsingapore.com; and
o Any delay or inability on Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 part in the provision of the services under this agreement because of any electronic, mechanical, system, data processing or telecommunication defect or failure, Act of God, civil disturbance or any event outside Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012’s control.
• Further, no warranty is given that access to marathonsingapore.com will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected or that the information on marathonsingapore.com is free from virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros. Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 shall not be responsible or liable for any direct, incidental or consequential damage or loss that may result from such errors, defects or harmful components.
• You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the website and the internet. Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 does not make any express or implied warranty, representation or endorsement whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the website, any merchandise, information or service provided through the website or on the internet generally, and Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such.
7. Other Disclaimers
• Reviews Disclaimer
o Reviews and opinions expressed originate from end users who submitted them and do not reflect those of Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 We accept no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy or substance and you are advised to rely on reviews at your own rick and discretion.
• Trademarks Disclaimer
o All trademarks remain the property of their respective holders, and unless otherwise represented, their display on Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 is solely for the purpose of illustrating products, events businesses being discussed and in no way should be taken to indicate any relationship, affiliation or sponsorship between the holders of trademarks and Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012.
• You hereby agree to indemnify Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 and hold Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 its directors, officers, employees, licensors and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) made against or suffered or incurred by Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 arising directly or indirectly out of:
o your access and connection to and/or use of this website; or
• These obligations will survive any termination of your relationship with Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 or your use of the website. Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 reserves the right to assume the defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 in assenting any available defences.
9. Limitation of Liability
• Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 does not assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, or process disclosed on the website or other contents accessible from the website. In no event shall Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 be liable for any incidental, consequential, direct, indirect or any losses or damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, loss of bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings, or any other loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence of other tortious action), arising out of or in connection with or in reliance of, caused or alleged to be caused by, the use of or inability to use the website, delays, inaccuracies or errors in the information or in the transmission of the website, or any information or transactions provided on or over the website, or performance of the contents on this website.
• If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the website, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the website. By using the website, you agree that the disclaimers and limitations on liability herein reflect a fair and reasonable apportionment of risk between Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 and you, and that said disclaimers and limitations on liability shall be enforced by Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012 to the fullest extent permissible at law.
• Your access to or use of the website, as well as these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
• Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
• If any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
• By accessing and/or using marathonsingapore.com, the user agrees that Singapore law (including without limitation the Electronic Transactions Act, Chapter 88) shall govern such access and the service.